Search This Blog

Monday, October 1, 2018

Homecoming Weekend On Social Media

This past weekend back home was Homecoming weekend for my little brother. Noah is a sophomore in high school and he went to homecoming with his girlfriend. As I was receiving pictures of him from my mom and dad, I thought about how social media is involved when it comes to homecoming and prom seasons. It's actually crazy how much social media is important for these events. After a weekend of homecomings, social media is filled with pictures from it. You scroll on Instagram and it's post after post of beautiful dresses and crazy high heels, tacky corsages and sparkles. I live for these weekends now that I'm not involved in them. If you don't post a picture on social media from your homecoming or prom, did you even go? I love looking at all the different dresses and cheesy couple poses. I love admiring the shoes and the friendships that are so obvious through the screen. This is one of the things that I truly love about social media. I can live through people at home and watch them thrive through events like this.

2 comments:

  1. We don't have Homecoming weekend in Japan so that I'm so jealous you guys have the culture! Instead of Homecoming Weekend, people in Japan celebrate 20-years-olds with massive annual party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love looking at homecoming pictures on facebook too! I love looking at pictures of students that were only in like 7th grade when I was a senior and now they are going to homecoming. So crazy to me but I really can't believe how much the style has changed in 4 short years of not being in high school. When I was senior not one person wore a two part dress to homecoming but now you see those everywhere! They are super cute but I am glad they were not a thing when I was in school because I would have never been able to pull that off!

    ReplyDelete