Search This Blog

Sunday, September 30, 2018

The End of My First Fall Ball Season

After my first long, tiring, mentally and physically draining fall softball season, we finished yesterday at Ohio State with three games. We played Mount Vernon University, The University of Toledo, and Rio Grand University. We played the first game at 10:30 and lost but we kept the energy level high the whole game. Since this day was for exposure purposes and for our coach to see how we worked in a game situation, wins and losses weren't important. We played the second game at 3 and lost again.
In the second game, I got concussed. I was covering second base for a steal and as I went to catch the ball, the runner came into me like a truck. Her helmet hit my head and my head hit the ground. She ended up on top of me and my vision was slightly blurry. I got up and finished the inning with a pounding headache. I was taken out after that by my coach and got evaluated by the athletic trainer. She told me I couldn't play in the last game and that I had to be evaluated again by my trainer back at school. This morning, I got re-evaluated and diagnosed with a mild concussion. I have to continue to check in with the trainer until my symptoms are gone and I pass the baseline concussion test again... What a way to end my first fall softball season.

4 comments:

  1. I am very sorry to hear about your injuries! It sounds bad, but at least it all happened at the end of your fall season. And I bet your coach knows now that you're a hard player.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry to hear that. I used to do ballet on point, and I got injuries on toes several times, so I understand how hurts and sad about the injuries. I hope you recover soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hannah, I'm so sorry to hear that! My sister had a concussion a few years ago, and I know it was really rough for her, so I hope you heal quickly. On the bright side, at least you got hurt at the end of fall ball instead of the beginning. Nonetheless, wishing you a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot believe that you got a concussion from something like softball! It seems like most concussions we hear about have to do with football or hockey or something, so at least you got a rarity in your sport. Beyond that, I hope your headache isn't THAT bad.

    ReplyDelete