Search This Blog

Monday, October 8, 2018

Celebrities on Twitter

Throughout this chapter on Twitter, the author discusses celebrities use of Twitter, specifically Donald Trump. I did some research on my Twitter account on these celebrities that seem to spend 75% of their time tweeting about seemingly pointless things. Donald Trump has 39.1K tweets, which is one of the most tweets in the whole platform of Twitter. I am thoroughly so shocked at how much time he spends on Twitter. As our president, there are so many things he probably should be doing but rather he is tweeting about everything. Even our former president, Barack Obama has a significantly lower number than Trump at 15.5K tweets. I never noticed this, because in all honesty, I'm not a huge politics fan so I don't really pay that much attention to it unless I have to. Therefore, doing this research after reading this chapter really opened my eyes to see how often Trump really does use Twitter. Celebrities use social media quite often, but Trump really takes it to another level of use. I would even say that he overuses the platform of Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment