Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 4, 2018

The #Hashtag

Back in 2012, hashtags were extremely popular. Whether it was #awesome, or #friends, or #thistweetisthebest, they were used with every post, all the time. They are used to express a more detailed post, and they are used for explaining the post in a little more detail with few words. I, personally, have always been somewhat against using them, at least a lot. Every once in awhile, I will add them to my snapchat story or on my instagram comments, but other than that I find them pretty pointless. However, as I read Guy's perspective on hashtags, mine was altered. He says to use a hashtag that is trending and constantly in people's faces and to use it all the time for events. I find it interesting that a small hashtag could give so much information and could make people eager for more. I don't use hashtags on my social media accounts very often, but if they are going to draw attention and cause more followers, then a hashtag may be a good route for me. I think it is important, as Guy Kawasaki mentions on pages 102 and 103, to stay consistent with your hashtags and make them stick in people's minds so they want to know more. As I dove deeper into this topic of hashtags, I did some research and realized that they are super helpful. For example, the Olympics use a hashtag all the time to draw attention. Also, #polarbearup at Ohio Northern is used often when describing the winter or rooting for the sporting events. After diving deeper into this topic, I have discovered that hashtags aren't so annoying after all and I might even use them more often that I ever would have thought! #learning #gobears

No comments:

Post a Comment