Search This Blog

Thursday, September 13, 2018

One Big, Happy Family

As I lay in bed here at ONU at night, I thoroughly enjoy thinking about my family at home and how blessed I have been the last 18 years to have them as my support group. I figured I would share how amazing my family is back in Swanton, Ohio.

First things first, my parents mean the world to me. They have always supported my every decision. From deciding to play DIII college softball, to taking my first step as an infant, they have always believed in me. Having six kids can't be easy, but they sure do an amazing job and they don't get enough credit for it. Along with my parents, come my five siblings. My sister, Taylor, has been my rock since I can remember. Being the only two girls, we have a relationship that I know will never be replaced. My brothers, Shayne, Ben, Ryan, and Noah are incredible. They are all so different but all mean so much to me. I have a special relationship with all of them individually. They protect me and never let me give up on myself. They also know how to keep me tough. I've never gotten away with shedding many tears without being told to "Suck it up!" or "Rubel's don't cry." I know my brothers always have my back whenever I need them to. I also have an amazing family outside my immediate. My grandparents have always played such an important role in my life, and I couldn't imagine my life without them in it. My aunts and cousins also always support me and everything I do... I'm truly so blessed.

Along with my blood family members, I also am extremely fortunate to have a very best friend and her family supporting me every step of my life journey. They mean as much to me as my own family, and we treat each other like we are blood. It's important to have that one person to rely on when you feel alone or upset, and I have been blessed to find that person in Sarah. She is my #1 fan but isn't afraid to tell me the truth and I admire her for so many reasons. I am beyond blessed to have her and her family as my second family.

I enjoy sitting and reflecting on how important my family is to me and how much they have done for me throughout my life. I feel like so many people take their families for granted, and that makes me so upset. So, if you can, just tell your support system thank you. It will mean more to them than you realize. It's extremely hard to take time out of our busy schedules to thank our parents for the opportunities they have given us, but it's so important to do this every once in awhile.

1 comment:

  1. I can totally relate to this. I am very very close with my parents and sisters. I wouldn't be who I am today without them. I try to go home as much as possible but it is still hard being away from them. You very lucky to be so close with them!

    ReplyDelete