Search This Blog

Sunday, September 23, 2018

Social Media Marketing Workbook

As I read Chapters 1-3 of Jason McDonald's Social Media Marketing book, I have some comments about it as a whole thus far...

First of all, I think the comparison of social media marketing to throwing a party is genius. Just as there are steps and preparations for throwing a party, there are steps and preparations for social media marketing as well. Comparing these two made so much sense to me and I would have never thought of this on my own, it puts into an easy perspective for audiences to look at. Some steps to throwing a party are super easy where others are a lot harder, just as social media marketing can be somewhat easy at some points but challenging at others.

Secondly, looking off your competitors on social media and basing your page off of theirs, trying to make it better is an intelligent route to go. If you want your page to "be the best" and beat out your competitors for followers or likes, it is important to check their pages and compare yours to it. If your competition has 4,000 followers, you need to figure out a way to get 5,000. It's so important to do this to be the best social media marketer possible.

These are just two major points I pulled out of the reading that really stuck out to me and I felt needed to be praised, commented on, and shared with y'all.

1 comment:

  1. I also thought that comparing social media marketing to throwing a party makes us easy to understand. There are so many things that I didn't know so that I'm really excited to study about social media marketing with you all!

    ReplyDelete