Search This Blog

Thursday, September 20, 2018

For Granted

Going on my sixth week here at ONU, I continue to reflect on my life and how much has changed in the past month. Two major things come to mind when I think about what I took for granted at home.

#1: Private bathrooms.
Community bathrooms are so not fun. Having to share with approximately 20+ other girls really just makes me miss being able to lock the door at home and be in the bathroom for as long as I please. I used to complain about having to share with my siblings, but that was nothing compared to college bathrooms... YIKES! This is something that I really never thought about at home as being a "luxury" but now that I don't have it, I notice how much I truly miss it...

#2: Home cooked meals made by my mom
Not only did they taste better than Mac food... But it was made by the hands of the woman who loves me most. I totally took my home cooked meals at home for granted. A solid, homemade lasagna with some quality breadsticks from home is one specific meal that I really miss. Some of the food at Mac is good, don't get me wrong, but nothing will compare to the meals my mom made me at home. I have gotten pretty used to the food here, and it doesn't really bother me but sometimes I just really crave a good, home cooked meal from my mom. Counting down the days until Thanksgiving break... Today marks 60 days until then, and I truly can't wait.


1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with both of these points. As an upperclassman, I can tell you that there is hope! After this year you won't have to worry about a community bathroom experience, and you can start cooking your own meals! Definitely not as nice as having your mom cook for you, but a great break from Mac Attacks.

    ReplyDelete