Search This Blog

Saturday, September 1, 2018

Different yet Connected


Walking through Ohio Northern's campus seeing so many different groups of people is truly incredible. Throughout the last three weeks, I have encountered people from so many different backgrounds and it's so cool to see how people come together despite our differences. I was speaking to a few of friends the other day about how I get to go home this weekend to spend time at the Fulton County Fair... something that I have not missed since I was two years old. My new friends were so curious and interested in an event that is so important to me and my family, although they had never experienced it before. Watching this made me so intrigued with the way people connect here at ONU. No matter where an individual is from, or who they were back in high school, they are accepted here and welcomed in with open arms. Everyone I have encountered here has been so intrigued with my life and where I come from, it makes me so happy. I have yet to encounter a rude person here, everyone has been so amazing and like family already. No matter how different we all may be, we are connected on campus and it is something so special that makes me feel so blessed to be able to call this my home away from home. Thank you ONU for everything so far, can't wait to see what is in store for me the next four years, I'm sure I will continue to learn everyday about life on campus. I hope to continue to meet people like the ones I already have.

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't agree with you more! ONU is the most welcoming place I think I have ever encountered. Everyone is always positive and encouraging. Whenever you are feeling down or stressed, there is always someone there to listen, whether it be a student, faculty member, or etc. I love ONU and all of the people! Go Bears!

    ReplyDelete