Search This Blog

Sunday, September 9, 2018

Pinterest 2018

Pinterest is a media application that is so nice in expressing yourself and things you like. Guy offers so many tips in his book for how to make your Pinterest cool and filled with more information but as I am thinking about it, I am beginning to realize how much Pinterest is dying out and being replaced by other social media sources. Personally, I used to use Pinterest daily and I had the app on my phone always. Now, I will simply download it if I need to look up an idea for a birthday present or graduation gift. I don't use it nearly as often as I used to and I sometimes wonder why that is. Is it because it is not as "cool" as Snapchat or Instagram. Is it because I just don't need it anymore? I really  wonder why Pinterest is not as popular as it used to be and am curious as to what other people's opinions are about it. I think Pinterest is a great source of social media and should be used often but it isn't as popular as it used to be. I looked up an online poll of most frequently used social medias and Pinterest was rated 8, following Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram, LinkedIn, Tumblr, and Youtube. I find it interesting how fast social media sources change and how our society uses each one differently.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you that Pinterest is dying out these days. I used to look up on Pinterest when I need an idea for a T-shirt DIY. Indeed, Pinterest is very useful because it shows all pictures and less words. But, I think we already get too familiar with Pinterest that we can expect what it will show to us before hand. Also, same kind of ideas are able to find out on Instagram, or other social media too. Instagram offers a lots of step-by-step videos for DIY. I think the necessity of Pinterest is getting less and less.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually use Pinterest all the time! I didn't used to utilize Pinterest as a social network, but now my friends and I have several collaborative boards. I mostly use it to find recipes, look at fashion inspiration and for party planning. I don't use it daily, but I think the platform is the best it's ever been right now!

    ReplyDelete